Once again we get a suggestion in our inbox saying Canon will not release a…
After the Canon EOS M50Mark II product brochure leak, here is the Canon Speedlite EL-1 product brochure leak.
Marketing material for the upcoming Canon Speedlite EL-1 leaked over the web. Please note that the text below is machine translated.
Stabilization of light emission amount and improvement of continuous light emission performance
- By adopting a newly developed highly durable xenon tube, it suppresses variations in the amount of light emitted and realizes stable light emission.
- Equipped with a newly developed active cooling system that uses a blower fan and glass panel. Circulating air inside the strobe
- Suppresses the temperature rise of the heat spot. Heat resistance is improved by combining with a highly durable xenon tube, and the number of continuous light emission is about 160 times.
Minimal emission of 1/8192
- By adopting a newly developed xenon tube and improving the accuracy of light emission control, stable minute light emission of at least 1/8192 is realized during manual light emission.
- The setting range for manual flash has been expanded from 1/128 to 1/8192, expanding the range of use for high-sensitivity shooting. Handheld strobe
- It enables new shooting expressions in scenes that require delicate light, such as when shooting portraits against a starry sky with ultra-high sensitivity.
Comfortable strobe shooting with the adoption of a new lithium-ion battery
- By adopting a large-capacity lithium-ion battery LP-EL capable of discharging a large current and newly designing a charging circuit, strobe charging is completed after light emission.
- Achieves high-speed charging with a charging time of approximately 0.1 to 0.9 seconds. Speedlite EL-1 alone, “Speedlite 600EX II RT” and external power supply
- Faster charging is possible than when using the combination of the battery pack “CP-E4N”.
- Achieves 1/1 light emission of about 335 times when fully charged. It can also be used for mass shooting over a long period of time. Compact battery pack “CP-E4N”
- By using in combination with, it achieves about 680 times of light emission at 1/1 light emission.
- For the first time as a Canon external strobe, it supports battery level display. Easy-to-understand battery replacement timing, battery
- Exchange can be done efficiently.
- Adopts the same battery charger “LC-E6” as cameras such as “EOS R5”.
Full basic performance and excellent operability
- Achieves a large amount of light emission with a maximum guide number of approximately 60. In addition, the strobe light irradiation angle corresponds to the focal length of the lens, 24-200 mm. Built-in wide
- By using a panel, it also supports the shooting angle of view of an ultra-wide-angle lens with a focal length of 14 mm. Also, is the upward bounce angle 90 ° in the conventional way?
- Expanded to 120 °.
- Adopts a dust-proof and drip-proof structure while being equipped with an active cooling system that suppresses temperature rise. Sealing on the mating surfaces of exterior parts
- Maintains airtightness by applying. Packing and rubber materials are used for the battery compartment lid and terminal cover, and the mounting legs are “dust-proof and drip-proof.”
- Equipped with an “adapter”, it can be attached to a compatible camera to prevent water droplets and dust from entering the strobe contact area.
- Wireless strobe photography via radio wave communication and optical communication is possible. Supports both sender and receiver functions. Away from the strobe and camera
- It is possible to produce various lights with an off-camera by arranging it in a position and shooting. -Radio communication The rear curtain can be synchronized during wireless shooting.
- By installing a modeling lamp with two-color LEDs, lighting is possible while imagining the color and direction of light before shooting.
- When the light emission mode is switched from E-TTL automatic light control to manual light emission, shooting can be continued with the light emission amount memorized by automatic light control.
- Equipped with “Molly”.
- Intuitive operability is realized by adopting a joystick.
- The bounce adapter diffuses the strobe light to suppress the shadow of the subject and achieve a more natural depiction.
- By attaching a color filter, you can change the white balance of both the subject and the background.
- By assigning “Strobe function setting” to the camera button in “Button customization” of the camera, the strobe setting can be changed to the camera.
- Can be changed to enable efficient shooting.
We expect Canon to announced the Canon Speedlite EL-1 in a few days along with the EOS M50 Mark II.