We got a rumor from a new source about a possible Canon EOS R5C (or…
The Canon WP-DC53 Waterproof Case for the PowerShot G1X Mark II is in stock at B&H at $399.
- Depth Rating: 130′
- Clear Durable Plastic Polymer Body
- Mechanical Controls
- Access to Virtually All Camera Functions
- Built-In Flat Polycarbonate Lens Port
- Diffuser for Camera’s Built-in Flash
- Cold Shoe Mount
- Neck and Wrist Strap Included
Product description after the break.
The WP-DC53 Waterproof Case from Canon enables you to shoot underwater with their PowerShot G1 X Mark II Digital Camera. It features a depth rating of 130′. Mechanical controls afford access to virtually all camera functions, and the built-in, flat polycarbonate port with anti-reflective coating accommodates the lens.
The Mark II’s built-in, pop-up flash is also usable, and an included diffusion plate softens its light to eliminate backscatter, glare, and hard shadows in your images. Additionally, the case comes configured with a cold shoe mount for accessories, such as an optional lighting arm or an external flash in a separate housing, which can be connected via fiber-optic cable.
Built for durability, the WP-DC53 is constructed from a strong plastic polymer, which is clear to enable you to monitor the waterproof seal and the camera. A neck strap and wrist strap are included, as is a container of silicone grease for O-ring lubrication, which is necessary to maintain the housing’s waterproof seal.
- Depth Rating
- Can be used at a maximum depth of 130′.
- Mechanical controls provide access to essentially all camera functions. The only limitation is that you have partial, and not full, access to the dual control rings. The control dial is usable, though the housing has a different method of activating it: Just move the zoom lever while pressing the DISP button.
- Made from a durable plastic polymer, which is clear to enable you to monitor the waterproof seal and the camera.
- Optional WW-DC1 case weights are available separately for ideal buoyancy.
- Lens Port
- Built-in, flat polycarbonate port with anti-reflective coating accommodates the camera’s lens.
- Flash Use
- The Mark II’s built-in, pop-up flash is usable, and an included diffusion plate softens its light to eliminate backscatter, glare, and hard shadows in your images. Additionally, the case comes configured with a cold shoe mount for accessories, such as an optional lighting arm or an external flash in a separate housing. An external flash can be connected via fiber-optic cable, which is available separately. An attachment that positions the cable in front of the Mark II’s flash is supplied.
- Equipped with a standard 1/4″-20 tripod mount.
Depth Rating 130′ / 39.6 m Control Type Mechanical Controls Provide access to virtually all camera functions, though control ring access has limitations
Move zoom lever while pressing DISP to access control dial
Material of Construction Body: plastic polymer
Lens port: polycarbonate
Lens Port Built-in flat port with anti-reflective coating Buoyancy Optional WW-DC1 case weights are available for ideal buoyancy
Use 3 weights in seawater or 2 weights in fresh water
Internal Flash Usable Yes, camera’s built-in, pop-up flash
Diffusion plate included
External Flash Connector Fiber-optic cable attachment supplied Mounting Cold shoe
1/4″-20 tripod mount
Dimensions 6.9 x 5.3 x 5.8″ / 17.5 x 13.5 x 14.7 cm Weight 2.0 lb / 32 oz