B&H Photo has the new Handevision IBELUX 40mm f/0.85 lens for Canon EOS M mount in stock and ready to ship for $2,079.99. Not really a budget lens (and it is a manual lens), but, hey, it’s a f/0.85 lens!
- Canon EF-M Mount
- Aperture Range: f/0.85 to f/22
- 64mm (35mm Equivalent)
- For APS-C Image Sensors
- Concave Front Lens Element
- 250° Manual Focus Throw
- Ten-Blade Circular Diaphragm
- Metal Lens Barrel & Integrated Lens Hood
- Minimum Focus Distance: 2.5′
- Filter Thread: 67mm
Product description after the break.
This HandeVision IBELUX 40mm f/0.85 Lens is specifically designed for Canon EF-M mount mirrorless digital cameras, where it provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length of 64mm. This manual focus prime lens is characterized by its exceptionally fast f/0.85 maximum aperture, which enables its use in a wide array of lighting conditions as well as provides extensive control over focus placement. The optical construction is comprised of 10 elements in 8 groups, including a concave front element that helps to reduce chromatic aberrations and maintains a central angle of incidence of 2.6° for sharp imaging and minimal distortion throughout the aperture range.
The physical construction of the lens is set in an all-metal lens barrel, in which anodized aluminum alloy, brass, and stainless steel are used. The manual focus ring rotates 250° to enable precise focus setting to distances as close as 2.5′. Additionally, a 10-blade diaphragm works to produce a circular aperture that contributes to an aesthetic out-of-focus quality to benefit selective focus and shallow depth of field techniques.
- Prime 40mm lens provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length of 64mm when used on APS-C image sensors.
- A fast, bright f/0.85 maximum aperture is well-suited to working in difficult lighting conditions as well as for controlling depth of field.
- Front concave lens element and sophisticated optical design helps to minimize chromatic aberrations and achieve notable sharpness.
- Manual focusing ring has a 250° focus throw, which enables precise positioning and critical refinement over focus placement.
- All-metal lens barrel incorporates a built-in lens hood to both protect the front lens element and reduce lens flare and ghosting.
- Ten-blade circular diaphragm produces an aesthetic out-of-focus quality that is pairs well with the fast maximum aperture.