A set of alleged Canon EOS R5 Mark II specifications surface on the interweb of…
It’s still not here, and it’s the favorite rumor for many. The fabled EOS R flagship, the Canon EOS R1.
Don’t get me wrong: there will be a Canon EOS R1, for the simple fact that it is plain logic that there will be one. That people is exploiting this since three years again and again with the same rumors is an entirely different story. However, Canon Rumors has neatly summed up everything that has been reported about the Canon EOS R1:
- Larger body than the Canon EOS R3
- Much larger OLED panel on the back of the camera.
- Resolution will be “around 45mp”, which Canon feels is the sweet spot for resolution.
- The EVF will be the “highest resolution” when it launches, it will reportedly be a Canon made EVF.
- Global shutter? Some say yes, others say no. For the moment, we have no idea.
- The battery will be a variation of the LP-E19
- The EOS R1 will get dual CFe slots.
- Expect “a more EOS-1D style ergonomic design”.
- The top down display will be colour instead of monochrome if you so desire.
- An “all-new autofocus system”.
- Video features? We have no idea.
- The announcement will be a “drawn-out affair”, which we think means a development announcement first and then getting the camera in pros hands to do the final tweaks to firmware before an official announcement.
One thing that never ever is missing from this kind of rumors is the “all-new autofocus-system” :-)
Take the list above with a solid amount of salt. There is absolutely nothing to be sure about so far. Until the usual few Asian sites will deliver the real stuff, we can just speculate.
Forget rumors, go out snapping pics!