CPN published part 2 (part 1 here) of 5 of their ongoing series Inside Lightroom 5: Ranking and selecting images. Pretty comprehensive and quite in-depth guides to learn the best of Lightroom 5. This time in short:
[…] Richard Curtis (a Principal Solutions Consultant in Digital Imaging for Adobe UK) will examine the key features of Lightroom 5 to give you a solid grounding and a good understanding of how to get the most out of working with the software. In Part 2 of this series Richard Curtis explains the ranking and selecting of images in Lightroom and, in a special video, he reveals how to select and rank your pictures for editing later on.
There is a 15min video, and those section are discussed (also in text):
- Your Photo Import is complete – what’s next?
- The Lightroom Filmstrip
- Auto Advance
- Two methods for selecting and choosing your pictures
- Hide the Lightroom panels and hood
- Full Screen mode
- The Pick and UnPick method
- The Star Rating system
- Change the Filmstrip view to show just the selection
- Survey mode