How nice a Canon rumor on Black Friday. So you all come here to read…
The Canon EOS R3 announcement is getting closer. The EOS R3 was used at the Olympics, here is another photographer who had it in his hands.
Peter McKinnon had the chance to use a Canon EOS R3 and shares his impression in the video below. Note that he is not allowed to show footage or photos shot with the EOS R3. But he talks about the camera, shows it, tells how it feels, and generally has a lot to say.
We expect the announcement in Fall 2021, likely in September. Here is what we know about the EOS R3 so far:
- 24MP backside illuminated image sensor
- Multi-Controller & Smart Controller
- Vari-Angle Touch Screen
- NEW accessory shoe
- Wifi 5GHz
- High speed 30fps electronic shutter with AF/AE tracking + RAW shooting at this speed
- AF down to -7.0 EV
- 8 Stops Coordinated Control IS with Optical IS and In-Body IS
- 4K Canon Log3
- Oversampling 4K
- Internal RAW video
- Inclusion of cars and motorbikes in AF tracking technology
- RAW internal movie recording
- Speedlite shooting with electronic shutter
- The same weather sealing as the EOS-1D series
- LP-E19 Battery
- Dual card slot SD & CFExpress
All our EOS R3 coverage is listed here, product images are here and here. There has been some discussion about who makes the imaging sensor of the EOS R3. You can get notified when the Canon EOS R3 will be available for preorder.