Two days after the Canon EOS R3 announcement and already Canon tells us they have…
Japanese agency Cipa published the digital camera market sales analysis for 2012. The report is available in Japanese only but here is some key information:
- Japanese companies produced 44% less cameras (14,4 Million cameras).
- The compact camera production declined by 50% (11,2 Million cameras produced).
- The DSLR and the mirrorless production declined by 25% (3,1 Million cameras produced).
- Only high-end camera and lens sales had a little growth. There is a growth of 14,1% in the full-frame lens production while APS-C lens production felt by 21%.
- In the Japanese DSLR segment Sony has a 6,1% share. In 2010 Sony had 7,8%. Canon (52,2%) and Nikon (33,6%) are the leaders.
Click on these two thumbnails to see the most sold Mirrorless and DSLR cameras:Photoscala via Sonyalpharumors]