This is a beautiful time-lapse video showing northern lights (Aurora Borealis) made using a EOS 5D Mark II. There is a lot of discussion going on about gear, about new gear, and there is no one among us who never thought that better gear would make her or him a better photographer. We all know this is not true, but I bet we all have had this idea. Hence, it is always good to see what awesome stuff you can produce with a camera that is not the newest gear. The following setting and lenses were used:
canonrumors once more is saying that the Rebel T4i/EOS 650D will be announced by Canon very soon. Nothing new on the specs front, but a new auto-focus system is named. Could this be in relation with the Canon AF patent I reported about?? I was the only one to report about this patent. Now rumors say that the T4i/650D will sport a new AF system for video. However, based on what I understood from the patent, it would make perfectly sense for video recording. The T4i/650D is also said to have a touchscreen. I am very curious. Read more after the break.
The water and shock-proof PowerShot D20 (with GPS!) is in stock at B&H at limited quantity for $349 (click here). Core specs:
- 12.1Mp High-Sensitivity CMOS Sensor
- 3.0″ Pure Color System LCD
- 28mm Wide-Angle Lens
- Waterproof and Shockproof
- Temperature Resistant Down to 14 Degrees
- GPS Tracker
- 5x Optical Zoom
- Intelligent IS
- DIGIC 4 Image Processor
The new Tamron SP 24-70mm f/2.8 DI VC USD Lens for Canon mount is in stock again at B&H, for $1,299 (click here).
- Wide-Angle 24-70mm Full-Frame Zoom Lens
- Built-In Image Stabilization
- Ultrasonic Silent Drive for Silent AF
- LD, Aspherical Elements for Sharp Images
- Moisture-Resistant Construction
- Compact (3.5×4.6″) & Lightweight (29oz)
UPDATE: EOS 7D deal is over, price for the memory cards raised slightly.
The EOS 7D kit bundles two 4GB CF Memory Cards (total of 8GB), a spare Canon LP-E6 Battery, a slinger Camera Bag, Visible Dust EZ Sensor Cleaning Kit, Red Giant Adorama Production Bundle for PC/Mac ($599.00 Retail Value) for just $1,278.33 (click here).
The memory card deal starts today Monday 4/30 at 10:30 EST and runs for 24 hours, until Tuesday 5/1 at 10:30 EST. So, just for one day. Good deal if you need more memory storage for your camera. The following memory cards are offered:
- SanDisk 16GB Extreme Compact Flash Memory Card – Up to 60MB/S Read/Write, UDMA Enabled $53.95 instead of $89.95 (click here)
- SanDisk 16GB Extreme Pro CF90 Compact Flash Memory Card $74.95 instead of $139.95 (click here)
- SanDisk 16GB, Extreme Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC) Memory Card $19.95 instead of $29.95 (click here)
- SanDisk 16GB ExtremePRO SDHC Memory Card, 95MB Read Speed $44.95 instead of $59.95 (click here)
- SanDisk 16GB Ultra SDHC UHS-I Memory Card, 30 MB/s Read Speed $16.95 instead of $24.95 (click here)