PhotoReview Australia published the first full review of the Canon G1 X.
Rating (out of 10):
- Build: 9.0
- Ease of use: 8.8
- Autofocusing: 8.0
- Still image quality: JPEG – 9.0; RAW – 9.5
- Video quality: 9.0
- OVERALL: 9.0
They suggest to…
Buy this camera if:
– You want a compact digital camera with DSLR-like controls.
– You’re interested in shooting raw files.
– You want effective image stabilisation for stills and video clips.
– You require high resolution and low noise levels at high ISO settings.
– You’d like the ability to shoot HD video clips.
Don’t buy this camera if:
– You will only shoot JPEG files.
– You require high burst speeds and buffer capacity plus fast cycle times for processing shots.
Check this links for pre-ordering the Canon G1 X:
- Amazon US (click here) release date March 31, 2012, free shipping
- Adorama (click here) no release date, free shipping
- B&H (click here) no release date, free shipping
- J&R (click here) no release date