- EF Mount Lens/Full Frame Format
- Aperture Range: T1.5 – T22
- One Aspherical, One Hybrid Asph. Element
- Manual Focus and Aperture
- Geared Focus and Aperture Control Rings
- De-Clicked Aperture Control Ring
- UMC Lens Multi-Coating
- Minimum Focus Distance of 1.5′
- Lateral Aperture and Distance Markings
Product announcement and press release here. Product description and pics after the break.
Samyang/Rokinon 50mm T1.5 AS UMC description (taken from B&H’s product page):
The 50mm T1.5 AS UMC Cine Lens for Canon EF Mount from Samyang is a fast manual focus prime lens. It provides a maximum aperture of T1.5 for effective low light capture and shallow depth of field control and an 8 blade iris for attractive bokeh. Optimized for cinema and video applications, the focus and aperture control rings are outfitted with industry standard gearing, which provides an interface for working with a traditional follow focus. The aperture control ring has also been de-clicked, which enables smooth iris pulls. In addition, bright aperture and distance markings are printed on the lens barrel facing laterally to facilitate easier control by a focus puller.
The 50mm has a minimum focus distance of 1.5′. Internal focusing minimizes the effects of lens breathing, which insures a more consistent angle-of-view when adjusting focus. The lens is composed of 9 elements in 6 groups, including one aspherical element and one hybrid aspherical element to reduce aberrations. In addition, a lens multi-coating helps to improve light transmission reducing flare and ghosting. The filter thread diameter is 77mm.
- Standard length manual focus prime lens for full frame EF mount cameras. Will also fit APS-C format cameras
- Very fast T1.5 maximum aperture for effective low light capture and shallow depth of field.
- Functional as still photo lens but optimized for cinema and video shooting with geared aperture and focus rings, de-clicked aperture for smooth exposure transitions and side-facing aperture and distance markings.
- Internal focusing system with 9 lens elements in 6 groups.
- One aspherical and one hybrid aspherical lens element control aberrations and improve sharpness throughout the frame.
- Lens multi-coating improves light transmission and reduces flare and ghosting.
- Minimum focus distance of 1.5′
- Filter thread diameter of 77mm
Mount Canon EF Mount Format Full Frame/35mm Focal Length 50mm Equivalent 35mm Focal Length N/A Aperture Range T1.5 – T22 Angle of View 46.2° Minimum Focus Distance 1.5′ (45 cm) Lens Construction 9 elements in 6 groups including 1 aspherical and 1 hybrid aspherical elements Diaphragm Blades 8 Filter Diameter 77mm Gear Pitch 0.8 Dimensions (Ø x L) 3.2 x 2.9″ (81.6 x 74.7 mm) Weight 20.3 oz (575 g)