Sigma 70mm f/2.8 DG Macro Art at a glance:
- EF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22
- Two FLD Elements, Two SLD Elements
- Low Dispersion and Aspherical Elements
- Super Multi-Layer Coating
- 1:1 Magnification, 10.2″ Min. Focus
- Coreless DC AF Motor, Manual Override
- Weather-Sealed, Brass Bayonet Mount
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
- Compatible with Sigma USB Dock
From the conclusion:
Sigma has provided a well made, solid macro lens that delivers very impressive image quality. It operates flawlessly, albeit it with slightly slower than average AF, but proves an excellent overall match for the Canon EOS 5DS R.
The 70mm focal length is a good compromise for the full frame bodies. For APS-C cameras the “35mm format equivalent” would be 112mm for Canon. This means that a 50mm macro might be a better choice for APS-C if the user wanted a similar field of view to the one this lens offers in full frame.[…] in summary, the new Sigma lens offers all the right things in terms of handling and quality and is well worth considering as an alternative to the more common focal lengths. Read the review…
Comparable Canon Macro lens offerings are more expensive than the Sigma 70mm f/2.8 DG Macro.