Here are some new and fresh information about Canon's latest powerhouse, the Canon EOS R3.…
Sigma 30mm f/1.4 or Canon EF-M 32mm f/1.4? Do you own a Canon EOS M mirrorless camera and are you looking for a fast prime lens to use with it? Bear with us.
[…] if you own an EF-M mount camera, which lens is the better buy? Which lens produces the best color? Which lens performs best in low light? Which lens is sharper?
Find out in the video below.
I like the Sigma 30mm f/1.4 better.
Is there room/market for an EOS R with APS-C sensor, given the EOS M system?
Sigma 30mm f/1.4 for EOS M key features:
- EF-M-Mount Lens/APS-C Format
- 48mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/1.4 to f/16
- Two Aspherical Elements
Sigma 30mm f/1.4 description:
A fast, versatile prime, this 30mm f/1.4 DC DN Contemporary Lens from Sigma is designed for use with Canon EF-M-mount mirroless cameras. The bright f/1.4 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light conditions and also affords extensive control over depth of field for using selective focus techniques. The optical design features a pair of aspherical elements, along with one high-refractive index element, which significantly reduce spherical aberrations and distortion for increased clarity and definition for notably sharp image quality. Also, a Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to control lens flare and ghosting in strong lighting conditions. Additionally, benefitting both stills shooting and video recording, this compact prime also incorporates a stepping AF motor for smooth, near-silent autofocus performance.
- As part of the Contemporary line within Sigma’s Global Vision series, this lens is designed to achieve a balance between convenience and performance, and meshes a compact, lightweight build and versatile handling with notable optical attributes.
- Normal-length prime is designed for APS-C-format Canon EF-M-mount mirrorless cameras and provides a 48mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.4 maximum aperture excels in low-light conditions and also affords increased control over depth of field for achieving selective focus effects.
- Two aspherical elements and one high-refractive index element are used to limit distortion and spherical aberrations and also contribute to greater overall sharpness and accurate rendering.
- A Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimize lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and color-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
- A stepping AF motor benefits both photographers and videographers with its fast, precise, and near-silent performance.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.Constructed using a Thermally Stable Composite (TSC) material for greater precision and use in wide temperature variations. Additionally, a brass bayonet affords improved mounting accuracy and rigidity.