Once more the Canon EOS R5 shows how innovative Canon's latest imaging sensors are. The…
At a glance:
- 24.2MP Full-Frame Stacked CMOS Sensor
- BIONZ X Image Processor & Front-End LSI
- 693-Point AF System & 20 fps Shooting
- Blackout-Free Quad-VGA 3.7m-Dot OLED EVF
- Internal UHD 4K Video Recording
- 5-Axis SteadyShot INSIDE Stabilization
- 3.0″ 1.44m-Dot Tilting Touchscreen LCD
- ISO 204,800, Silent Electronic Shutter
- Built-In Wi-Fi/Bluetooth, Dual SD Slots
- Integrated LAN and PC Sync Terminals
The Sony a9 is touted as the Jack of all Trades. Impressive specs, and a lot of hype coming from a devoted fan community.
However, all that glitters is not gold. The video below, shot with a Sony a9 using a $9000 Canon EF 500mm f/4 lens on a Sigma MC-11 adapter, isn’t so impressive after all. The Sony a9 is not able to track focus after the shutter has been fired. The Sony a9 just started shipping so we don’t know if this phenomenon is limited to adapted Canon lenses (guess it is).
If you are a professional photographer, stick with Canon and Nikon and stay safe with proven gear and great and reliable professional service. If you have money to waste for gadgets, get a Sony a9. The specs are truly impressive and once more show how much Sony is pushing technological innovation.[Via Sony Alpha Rumors]