Product description (from B&H’s product page)
- High-Performance Telephoto Zoom Lens
- Canon EF Mount
- Aperture Range f/4-32
- Built-in 1.4x Extender
- Three-Mode Optical Image Stabilization
- Ring USM Autofocus & Internal Focusing System
- Power Focus Mode for Smooth Focus Shift
- One Fluorite and Four UD Lens Elements
- Fluorine Front & Rear Lens Coating
- Highly Resistant to Dust and Water
PetaPixel reviewed Canon’s new super-telezoom monster that costs like a small car, the Canon EF 200-400mm f/4L IS Extender 1.4x. Lots of sample images, also to test the built-in 1.4x extender. Some excerpts from the review:
- The image quality of the Canon EF 200-400mm f/4L is, in a word, excellent. Even when shot wide-open at f/4 or f/5.6, the contrast and sharpness of the lens is very good.
- Autofocus is very fast and decisive, even on the EOS 5D Mk IIIbody
- “Sharpness” is the middle name of the Canon EF 200-400mm f/4L.
- […] the Canon EF 200-400mm f/4L IS USM Extender 1.4x lens is very sharp, very fast with autofocus and very versatile in terms of focal length.
- Crisp, tack sharp and contrasty, the photos are what [you] would never have expected from a super telephoto zoom with an extender.
- […] Canon priced the EF 200-400mm f/4L IS USM Extender 1.4x lens at exactly what it is worth.