Photographer and gear reviewer Dustin Abbott shares a full, thorough, real world review of one of his personal favorite lenses – the Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS. Full of beautiful images and helpful observations, this video review is worth your time.
In terms of overall handling, the cheaperEOS 750D/Rebel T6i feels closer to an entry-level DSLR, whereas the 760D / T6s feels a step higher, approaching mid-range models. The upper LCD screen lets you check settings at a glance, the eye sensor switches the screen off as you compose with the viewfinder, but most importantly the rear wheel provides a second control that makes exposure adjustments quicker and easier. I can live without the HDR movie mode, but the digital zoom option, last seen in the much earlier 600D / T3i, starts with a handy 1:1 crop, delivering roughly three times magnification with no loss of quality. Then there’s the continuous AF in Live View which lets you take photos of subjects in motion when composing with the screen. It all adds up to a camera that handles better and feels classier overall. Read the review at Camera Labs.
- Canon 5DS R & 5DS First Shots: Production sample lab shots are now available! – Imaging Resource
- Production Canon EOS 5DS and 5DS R added to studio test scene – DPReview
- Final firmware Canon EOS 5DSR real-world samples posted – DPReview
- Canon EOS 5Ds (Fashion) Sample Images – Photography Blog
- Canon EOS 5Ds R Review – First Impressions – OMG! – Martin Bailey Photograhpy
- Canon EOS 5DS and 5DS R vs Nikon D810: 9 key differences you need to know – Digital Camera World
- Joel Santos: exploring Portugal with the EOS 5DS – Canon Professional Network
- The proof is in the pudding: the real advantage of the EOS 5DS – Canon Professional Network
- The EOS 5DS: a DSLR for fine art photographers – Canon Professional Network
- LED light painting with a BMX and the EOS 5DS – Canon Professional Network
- Taking a photo trip with Canon’s new EOS 5DS – Canon Professional Network
- The EOS 5DS: a DSLR for advertising photographers – Canon Professional Network
- Exploring the EOS 5DS: Fernando Guerra on architecture – Canon Professional Network
- Exploring the EOS 5DS: David Noton on landscapes – Canon Professional Network
- Who’s Getting in Line for the New Canon EOS 5DS or 5DS-R Cameras? – Digital Photography School
How does the world’s highest resolution full-frame DSLR go along with the world’s sharpest lens?
Photography Blog just posted 25 JPG (Fine Detail picture style) and 25 raw images taken with a final production version of the Canon EOS 5Ds and the Zeiss Otus 85mm f/1.4 lens. The images are straight out of the camera with no post-processing.
Canon EOS 5DS: B&H Photo, Adorama, Amazon USA, Amazon Canada, Canon Canada, Canon USA | Canon EOS 5DS R: B&H Photo, Adorama, Amazon USA, Amazon Canada, Canon Canada, Canon USA |
Zeiss Otus 85mm f/1.4: B&H Photo, Adorama, Amazon USA, Amazon Canada, Canon Canada, Canon USA