The InstantKon RF70_auto sells at $779, the InstantKon RF70 at $899. Both are available at MiNT.
- Apertures: f/5.6, f/6.7, f/8, f/11, f/16, f/22
- Lens: 3-element lens with glass, aspherical lenses, f=93mm
- Coating: Multi-layer coated
- Focusing distance: 0.75m (29.5 inches) – ∞ (manual focus)
- Depth-of-field (@ 0.75m and f/5.6): 4.9cm
- Largest aperture (35mm equivalent): f/2.4
- Shutter speed: 1/500 – 1sec (A mode), B mode – maximum 10mins
- Viewfinder: Real image viewfinder, 0.44x
- Exposure control:
- RF70: AUTO, A+1, A-1, 1/500, 1/250, 1/125, 1/60, 1/30, 1/15, 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, 1, B, R
- RF70_auto: AUTO, A+1, A-1, B
- Flash: Built-in electronic flash with auto-brightness balance
- Multiple exposures: Yes, unlimited times
- Battery: 2 AA Alkaline batteries (included)
- Film: W108mm x H85mm (Image: W99mm x H62mm), ISO800
- Adapters: Cable release socket, tripod mount socket, neck strap eyelets and 2.5mm audio jack
- Dimensions: 182 x 122 x 64mm (7.16 x 4.8 x 2.51 inches)
- Weight: 806 grams (28.4oz) (camera only)
- Warranty: 5 years
The New Generation of MiNT Camera You Can Control
- Instant cameras don’t have to be toys.
- Polaroid Corporation, under the leadership of Dr Edwin Land, demonstrated it in the 1970s with high-end instant cameras.
- High-end instant cameras became a lasting success and gained a cult following even until this day.
- It became the cornerstone of The Impossible Project, the company that saved Polaroid. Without these high-end instant cameras, we wouldn’t have The Impossible Project, and we wouldn’t have instant film to shoot.
- 10 years of camera-making experience behind us, MiNT can design a groundbreaking product just like the early vintage polaroids, but more affordable and accessible.
- We want to challenge the basic assumptions of toy instant cameras. We want to break the limitations of ordinary cameras.
- Perfect combination of modern tech and timeless design.
- So that you can push the boundaries of instant photography beyond parties, gifts, and souvenirs.
Introducing InstantKon RF70
Full control in an instant camera
- InstantKon RF70 is designed to let the photographer take control. With ordinary instant cameras, the camera controls you. With MiNT cameras, you control the camera. RF70 is the only WIDE format camera that offers full manual control – shutter speed, aperture, and focus.
- With full controls and an enormous film format (Instax WIDE film size: W99mm x H62mm), it doesn’t take a pro to capture the most stunning moments.
Why is full control important?
- Full control is very important in an instant camera. If you can control it, you will know how the picture turns out before it develops.
- The ability to preview an instant picture saves you time and a lot of film.
- Full control is also very important because it lets you get the picture you want, instead of just guessing.
- The wide variety of aperture and shutter speed setting means you can shoot under a lot of different light conditions, no matter which way the sun is shining.
Control the depth of field
- Six aperture selections
- The largest aperture f/5.6 is equivalent to f/2.4 on 35mm, together with the enormous film size, gives you incredible depth-of-field.
- RF70 gives you the shallowest depth of field in any instant camera (except special mods). Phenomenal bokeh: Only 4.9cm at f/5.6 and 75cm.
- Real mechanical rangefinder, bright and easy to use.
Control the exact amount of light you need
- 14 shutter speeds, including manual speeds and long exposures
- Wide range of shutter speeds, combined with aperture control and built-in flash, you will be able to push the boundaries of instant photography beyond parties, gifts, and souvenirs.
- Auto or manual are both present in the camera. It’s up to you to choose.
All you need in one foldable body
- Built-in flash for nighttime or fill flash
- 2.5mm audio jack for triggering external studio flash
- A film eject lever lets you do unlimited multiple exposures
- Light meter for detecting ambient light
- LCD display for ND recommendations
- B mode for up to 10 minutes ultra long exposure
- Double-click the shutter button for T mode
- Compatible with standard cable releases
- Tripod socket for standard tripods
- Multi-layer coated lenses
- Incredible 5-year warranty
- Unlimited Free Films program on Instagram
- RF70_auto is the simple version of RF70.
- It has all the advantages of RF70, just one less degree of freedom. You can still control aperture and focus.
- Same lens.
- It’s got all the basic controls you need to capture stunning moments.
- Lens Set – Neutral Density Filter (ND2, ND4, ND8). It can reduce extra light entering the camera to avoid over-exposure in bright sunlight conditions. The camera has an indicator telling you which ND filter to use.
- Lens Hood – To reduce unwanted glare.