Tony & Chelsea Northrup try to debunk 12 common photography myths in the 30 minutes video below.
The discussed photography myths are:
- Should you fully discharge your battery to avoid a memory effect?
- Will deleting pictures in-camera corrupt your SD card?
- Do UV filters really improve image quality?
- Do higher megapixels really equal more noise?
- Do medium format cameras really have better “compression”?
- Is raw processing really better on your PC than in your camera?
- Can you edit JPGs?
- Do you really need to turn off image stabilization on a tripod?
- Are lenses really sharpest at the f/8 “sweet spot”?
- Is manual focus more accurate?
- Does Canon really have the best color science?
- Are memory card failures caused by bad brands or user error?
Canon having the best color science isn’t a myth, btw :-)
CIPA published some statistics about the digital camera market.
Things aren’t looking good at all. Some findings:
- Shipment of digital camera dropped by 74.8% in June 2019 compared to June 2018
- There are no signs the situation might get better
- DSLR shipments have dropped by 56.8% compared to 2018
- Mirrorless camera shipments have dropped by 79.8% compared to 2018
- Lens shipment has dropped by 67.1% compared to last year
- Compact camera shipments have dropped by 88.2% compared to last year
Mattias Burling posted a short video with a challenge. In his own words:
This is a blind test comparing videos from a couple of different cameras, lenses and filters. List your top three favorites in the comment sections and I will present the results as well as the gear used in part two […]
Are you ready? Then watch the video below:
The results can be seen in the next video (below):
Until Sunday 7/21 KEH offers 20% discount on all used accessories. Use code ACC7 at checkout to get the discounts.
Noteworthy Kickstarter projects:
- DUO Daypack, quick access camera bag with lifetime warranty
- Kamlan 50mm f/1.1 lens for $199
- Peak Design super light travel tripod
We offer 10% discount to subscriptions to Pixpa all-in-one platform for photographers.
Canon Europe stores have a cash back promotions going on: