CIPA published some statistics about the digital camera market.
Things aren’t looking good at all. Some findings:
- Shipment of digital camera dropped by 74.8% in June 2019 compared to June 2018
- There are no signs the situation might get better
- DSLR shipments have dropped by 56.8% compared to 2018
- Mirrorless camera shipments have dropped by 79.8% compared to 2018
- Lens shipment has dropped by 67.1% compared to last year
- Compact camera shipments have dropped by 88.2% compared to last year