That’s a bit weird. After the rumor about a possible RF 35mm f/1.2L lens we spotted a patent describing such a lens. We wonder if the source of the rumor also found the patent.
Canon patent application 2019-128526 describes the optical formula for a 35mm f/1.2 prime lenses for the EOS R system. How to correct chromatic aberrations with the use of low dispersion glass is also discussed in the patent application.
More Canon patent applications are listed here. Some particularly interesting patent applications we think might get into production are these:
- Patent application for a smart lens cap
- Patent application for celestial auto-focus
- Patent application describing a Pop-Up Flash With LED
- Patent application describing the optical formula for a RF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 IS lens for EOS R systems
- Patent application describing how to improve burst rate by compressing raw files
- Patent application describing a new way to review photos from a sequential shot
- Patent application that describes technology to improve wireless communication while reducing power consumption
- Patent application to spot and reduce moire artefacts in image data
- Patent application for weather sealed lens adapter
- Patent application for AI powered predictive camera control system
- Patent application for 18-55mm kit lens with LCD display
- Patent application to reduce noise in image files