The Tamron SP 35mm f/1.4 is in Tamron's own words "the finest lens in its…
Tamron SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD G2 at a glance:
- Canon EF-Mount/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22
- One XLD Element, Five LD Elements
- eBAND, BBAR, and Fluorine Coatings
- Ultrasonic Silent Drive Autofocus Motor
- VC Image Stabilization
- Dust and Moisture-Resistant Construction
- Removable Arca-Compatible Tripod Mount
- Rounded Nine-Blade Diaphragm
Tamron announced a very interesting lens with the SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD G2. ephotozine posted their review, and they appear to be quite fond of the SP 70-200mm F/2.8. Quoting:
The Tamron SP 70-200mm f/2.8 Di VC USD G2 lens is on the same level playing field as lenses costing up to twice as much, punching far above its weight. It may not have the same silky smoothness in operation as its more expensive competition, but it delivers the goods, making no compromise on image quality.
Add to that the amazing VC system and moisture and dust resistance and Tamron have a definite winner on their hands. Read the review…
Product description after the break.
Complementing the optical assets, this 70-200mm f/2.8 also features an advanced Vibration Compensation (VC) system that compensates for up to five stops of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting. A ring-type Ultrasonic Silent Drive autofocus motor is also featured for responsive and accurate performance, and also affords full-time manual focus override for fine-tuned control. Additionally, the lens is also dust- and moisture-resistant for working in trying environmental conditions, and it is paired with a rotating, removable tripod foot with an Arca-type compatible base for seamless shooting atop a tripod or monopod.
- Spanning a useful range of telephoto focal lengths, this lens is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs, however can also be used with APS-C models where it will provide a 112-320mm equivalent focal length range.
- Constant f/2.8 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light conditions and affords consistent performance throughout the entire zoom range.
- One XLD (extra-low dispersion) and five LD (low dispersion) elements are featured in the optical design to noticeably limit color fringing and chromatic aberrations for improved clarity, color fidelity, and apparent sharpness.
- Both eBAND and BBAR coatings have been applied to suppress ghosting and lens flare for improved contrast when working in backlit conditions.
- VC image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to 5 stops for more effective handheld shooting in difficult lighting conditions. Three separate VC modes are also available to suit various styles of shooting: Mode 1 is a balanced setting for general use, and promotes both a stabilized viewfinder image and stabilized results; Mode 2 is designed exclusively for panning movements; and Mode 3 is optimized to stabilize only during capture without stabilizing the viewfinder image.
- A ring-type USD autofocus motor delivers quick and precise focusing performance to suit working with moving subjects. This motor also affords full-time manual focus control, and it is possible to focus on subjects as close as 3.1′ away.
- A sealed, dust- and moisture-resistant construction benefits this lens’ use in inclement conditions, and a fluorine coating has also been applied to the front lens element to protect against dust, dirt, and smearing.
- A removable rotating tripod collar features an Arca-type compatible foot and benefits working with the lens atop a tripod or monopod.
- Durable metal barrel uses a curved, ergonomic shape for easy handling, and both the zoom and focus rings are textured for improved grip.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- An electromagnetic diaphragm is used for more precise and consistent exposure control, especially when shooting at high continuous shooting rates.
- Compatible with optional TAP-in Console for fine-tuning select focusing adjustments and for updating lens firmware.