A new EOS-1D X Mark II rumor surfaces every month, with surprising regularity. Unfortunately, there is nothing exciting or really new coming with the latest 1DX2 rumor. And differentiating wishful thinking from real bits of info is becoming the tough part.
The latest tidbit about the EOS-1D X suggests a 24MP sensor (not a new rumor). Previously, an 18MP sensor was rumored. The other bit says the EOS-1D X Mark II will shoot “faster than 12fps”. Now consider that the EOS-1D X shoots up to 12 fps (14 fps in Super High Speed Mode), and you won’t really be surprised to hear that the 1DX2 will be faster.
Concluding, we have two bits of information: the EOS-1D X Mark II will have a higher resolution than it predecessor, and it will shoot more frames per second than its predecessor. All Canon EOS-1D X Mark II rumors.
- 18.1 MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor
- Dual DIGIC 5+ Image Processors
- 3.2″ 1.04m-Dot ClearView II LCD Monitor
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 30 fps
- 61-Point High Density Reticular AF
- Native ISO 51200, Extended to ISO 204800
- 12 fps RAW+JPEG Shooting, 14 fps in JPEG
- 100k-Pixel RGB Metering Sensor & EOS iSA
- Magnesium Alloy Body, Dual CF Card Slots
- 1000BASE-TX Gigabit Ethernet Terminal