Along with the leaked press release for the Canon EOS C70, there is another interesting…
A few days ago we have been told that Canon will announce the EOS 6D Mark II, Rebel SL2, and a new entry-level MILC (suggested to be named EOS M20) on July 20 or 21, 2017.
The rumor came from a new source and was rated CW2. I have now reasons to believe that Canon may announce the highly-anticipated-still-covered-by-mystery EOS 6D Mark II and the other gear earlier in July 2017. Canon EOS 6D Mark II and Rebel SL2 kit descriptions have been leaked on always reputable Nokishita, a fact suggesting the announcement may be closer than July 20/21.
The unusual thing here is that we still know nothing reliable about the EOS 6D Mark II. If the announcement is a month (more or less) away, I hope some information will leak soon.
The Canon EOS 6D Mark II may have these features:
- A newly developed sensor, 28MP is the most likely resolution
- Dual Pixel AF will be on board. Canon is featuring DPAF on entry-level DSLRs, we can expect it for sure on the EOS 6D Mark II
- Price around $2,000
- Unlikely to have 4K video
- Upgraded AF system
- Tiltable display
- Digic 7 (likely)
- WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity
- Larger viewfinder than EOS 6D
- Slightly larger than EOS 6D