Today a bunch of Canon firmware updates was released for mirrorless cameras. Not much to…
At a glance:
- Covers up to Super 35mm Sized Sensors
- 50 to 1000/75 to 1500mm Zoom
- ENG-Style Zoom, Focus, Iris Servos
- For Broadcast or Cinema Shooting Styles
- 180° Focus Ring with Knurled Grip
- Double Focus Markings in Feet and Meters
- Detachable Drive Unit
- Zoom Speed: 1.5 to 180 Seconds
- Programmable Zoom, Focus, Iris Positions
- 11-Blade Aperture Design
We are talking about a lens that costs $70.000, the Canon CINE-SERVO 50-1000mm T5.0-8.9 (available in EF and PL mounts).
Cinematographer/filmmaker Ivo Norenberg approached Canon in 2010 with a request for an extreme lens. He challenged Canon to produce a long zoom 4K Super 35mm lens tailored to the diverse needs of wildlife video production.