EDIT: Thanks to Robert M for having pointed out in the comment section that there…
There Might Be More To Get Announced With The Canon EOS R5C
We expect Canon to release the Canon EOS R5C next week, on
February January 19th.
It seems Canon is set to announce some other gear besides the Canon EOS R5C. What we can expect:
- New firmware for the Canon EOS C70. The firmware update is rumored to bring RAW to the EOS C70
- New Cinema lenses, maybe some for the RF mount too
- New 8K video options for the Canon EOS C300 and EOS C500 through “modules”
The Canon EOS R5C is rumored to have these specifications:
- 45mp full-frame sensor (same as EOS R5)
- DIGIC X
- Canon Log 3
- Canon Log 2 is still being discussed
- No Internal NDs
- Unlimited 8K30P recording in Cinema RAW Light. XF-AVC and MP4
- Timecode in/out
- The same multipurpose hot shoe as the EOS R3. Which will work with accessories such as the Tascam XLR module.
- Active cooling
- 3/8″ or 1/4″ mounting point on the EVF for a top handle that won’t interfere with the hot shoe.
- Full-size HDMI Port
- The LCD has been moved further back to accommodate the cooling fan. So this likely means that it won’t recess into the body like the Canon EOS R5.
Source: Canon Rumors