New week, new rumor. Canon might announce two new EOS Cinema cameras in 2023, the…
We got a rumor from an unknown source. We report it as it is out of duty. Please take it with a grain of salt. Is a Canon EOS C5 coming?
We got tipped about a new, upcoming mirrorless Canon Cinema camera. A Cinema camera that seems to be closely related to the EOS R5/EOS R5 C. This is what we got:
- The camera is a combination of the EOS R5 C and EOS C300 III, similar in appearance to the EOS R5 C, but more square, with the electric ND filter of the EOS C300 III, the professional interface of the EOS C70, and an extended battery compartment.
- Its XF-AVC recording format is the same as the EOS C70, but it uses a modified version of the EOS R5 C’s CMOS sensor with a total of 22.5 megapixels.
- With a sampling resolution of 8192×2160, it is capable of perfect oversampling to 4K 120fps, making it Canon’s current 4K 120fps product with the best image quality.
- When the frame rate is reduced to 72fps or less, DGO mode is turned on to provide higher dynamic range.
- Unlike the current EOS C70, it does not offer RAW recording for now.
- Full pixel QPAF, and RAW internal recording in subsequent firmware.
- In terms of photography, it no longer offers a mechanical shutter and is replaced by in-body stabilization.
The source suggested the moniker “Canon EOS C5“. Again, don’t forget the grain of salt. Please let me know what you think about this rumor. Anything to take seriously?