Only for today (8/10/2022) B&H Photo has $170 discount on the Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 IF…
Only for today (8/3/2022) B&H Photo has a 37% discount on the Lensbaby Velvet 56mm f/1.6 SE Lens for Canon EF (Silver)
At a glance:
- EF Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.6 to f/16
- Singlet-Doublet-Singlet Optical Design
- Soft Glowing Effect at Wide Apertures
- Inspired by Classic Portrait Lenses
- 1:2 Magnification, 5″ Working Distance
- Manual Focus and Exposure Control
- All-Metal Lens Barrel
- Filter Thread: 62mm
- Silver Edition, Clear Anodized Finish
Get the Lensbaby Velvet 56mm f/1.6 SE Lens for Canon EF (Silver) on sale at $349.95. Compare at $549.95.
More selected deals:
- Get Excire Foto (AI powered photo managment) with 15% discount by using code “canonwatch” at checkout
- Get Luminar NEO with a $10 discount, by using code “WATCH” at checkout
- USA: Canon USA | B&H Photo | Adorama | Amazon US
- Germany: Amazon Germany | Calumet Photo | Canon Germany
- UK: Amazon UK | Canon UK
- Refurbished lenses and DSLRs at Canon Store (best deals might be found here)
Reminiscent of classic 20th century lenses, the Canon EF mount Velvet 56mm f/1.6 SE Lens from Lensbaby produces a uniquely soft, glowing image quality that is well-suited to making expressive and ethereal portraits. The overall softness can be controlled by stopping down the lens while still retaining the smooth tonality of a soft focus lens. Compatible with full-frame image sensors, this slightly longer-than-normal focal length pairs with the fast f/1.6 maximum aperture to excel in difficult lighting and achieve a shallow depth of field with controllable sharpness. Additionally, for increased creative versatility, the lens also offers a 1:2 maximum magnification and a minimum working distance of 5″ for macro shooting. Housed within a silver metal barrel, this lens also features smooth, dampened manual focus control to further benefit creative flexibility. Consistent with Lensbaby’s aim of purveying selective focus capabilities and a unique velvety image quality, the Velvet 56mm f/1.6 is a versatile tool that marries classical looks with contemporary control.
Portrait-length 56mm focal length is compatible with full-frame format sensors as well as APS-C format sensors, where it will provide an 89.6mm equivalent focal length.
Fast f/1.6 maximum aperture offers extensive control over selective focus and shallow depth of field, and also benefits working in difficult lighting conditions.
The unique singlet-doublet-singlet lens design renders imagery with a soft, smooth, and glowing image quality reminiscent of mid-20th century portrait lenses.
Softness can be controlled by stopping-down the lens: when stopped-down to f/16, the image exhibits a smooth quality with greater central sharpness.
A 1:2 maximum magnification ratio and 5″ minimum working distance enable working with close-up subjects.
Silver edition lens features a clear anodized coating, silver-colored metal barrel, and engraved aperture and focus markings.
Manual focus design with a smooth, dampened focusing movement is complemented by engraved focus distance indicators.
Manual exposure control requires stop-down metering and manual setting of the aperture.