Well, if this didn't come as a surprise. DPReview says goodbye after 25 years of…
Venus Optics announces LAOWA 25mm F2.8 2.5-5X ULTRA MACRO lens
Well, this is a weird lens, but I am pretty sure it’s a cool lens too. Venus Optics unveiled the LAOWA 25mm F2.8 2.5-5X ULTRA MACRO lens. The LAOWA 25mm will be available in Canon EF, Nikon F, Pentax K, Sony FE mounts. Price is $399, and pre-orders are possible on Venus Optics’ site, shipping will start late March.
Above: LAOWA 25mm F2.8 2.5-5X ULTRA MACRO review by Photo By Richard
Press release (via DPReview)
LAOWA 25mm F2.8 2.5-5X ULTRA MACRO
SiteLong Japan Co., Ltd. announces the new product “LAOWA 25 mm F 2.8 2.5-5 X ULTRA MACRO” of LAOWA (Venus Optics). LAOWA 25mm F2.8 2.5-5x ULTRA MACRO is a macro exclusive lens with a magnification of 2.5x to 5x.
- Product name LAOWA 25mm F2.8 2.5-5x ULTRA MACRO
- Suggested retail price Open price
- Expected market price TBD
- Scheduled release date around early April 2018
Main Product Features
- It is a macro lens for full size of manual focus.
- The shortest shooting distance is 173 to 223.5mm and shooting magnification 2.5 to 5 times is available.
- It is possible to secure a working distance of 40mm (5 times) to 45mm (2.5 times) by optical design with a special configuration. It can correspond to various lighting to obtain better shooting result.
- By adopting ultra low dispersion lens (UD lens), by appropriately suppressing chromatic aberration and color fringe, it is possible to capture images with high sharpness and high color reproducibility.
- Each lens is coated with multilayer coating, minimizing ghost and flare. Therefore, under a strong light source, it is possible to take pictures with a very high contrast and neutral color.
- Adopting a metal enclosure with excellent robustness.
- It is compact, lightweight and excellent in portability.
- Focal length: 25mm
- Open F value: F2.8
- Field of View: 10.3 degrees
- Lens construction: 6 groups 8 pieces
- Minimum aperture: F16
- Maximum aperture: F2.8
- Minimum photographing distance: 173 mm to 223.5mm
- Working Distance: 40mm – 45mm
- Shooting magnification: 2.5 times to 5 times
- Number of diaphragm blade: 8
- Weight: 400g
- Corresponding mount: Canon EF, Nikon F, Pentax K, Sony FE