This is a rather interesting Canon patent application, and it might well go into production…
It appears Canon is filing one patent for EF-M lenses after the other. Here is another one for an EF-M 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM lens.
I can’t say if this optical formula has something to do with the already available EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM lens. Maybe it was a patent obn the road to the 15-45mm. However, Canon appears to be definitely commited to the EOS M system.
- Patent Publication No. 2016-118658
- Published 2016.6.30
- Filing date 2014.12.22
- Zoom ratio 2.88
- Focal length 16.51 21.00 47.49
- F-number 3.49 3.77 5.80
- Half angle of view (degrees) 39.61 33.04 16.05
- Image height 13.66 13.66 13.66
- Overall length of the lens 82.00 77.35 84.14
- BF 10.70 10.70 13.31