AmazonBasics Electronic Flash at a glance:
- External flash for taking professional-looking photos in low-light conditions; compatible with Canon and Nikon DSLR cameras
- 3 flash modes for versatility: M, S1, S2 (Manual mode, Slave mode 1, and Slave mode 2)
- Standard PC synchronous port (input) for off-camera connecting; wireless sensor for triggering flash from a distance
- Tilts up to 90 degrees; rotates up to 270 degrees
- 8 levels of flash-brightness control; automatic saving function retains current flash settings; hot shoe stand and carrying bag included
Well, this may appear to a lot of photographers on a budget. Amazon sells a very inexpensive flash for Canon and Nikon DSLRs under their AmazonBasics brand, the AmazonBasics Electronic Flash for DSLR Cameras, and it’s yours for just $27.99.
The AmazonBasics Electronic Flash has three modes, M, S1, and S2, respectively Manual, Slave mode 1, Slave mode 2. A standard PC synchronous port is also provided, so you can connect the flash off-camera using a cable.
Reviews are mostly positive with an average of 3.9/5. The AmazonBasics Electronic Flash for DSLR cameras appears to be a pretty good deal, as one reviewer puts it: “[…] no flash at this price point has those features. This is unbeatable for the money.”