Here is the usual Canon disclaimer, always showing up after a product announcement. It will…
At a glance:
- EF Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.4 to f/16
- Apochromatic, Distagon Optical Design
- 8 Anomalous Partial Dispersion Elements
- 2 Aspherical Elements
- Floating Elements System
- Zeiss T* Anti-Reflective Coating
- Internal Focus; Manual Focus Design
- All-Metal Barrel, Yellow Scale Markings
Photographer and reviewer Dustin Abbott posted his full review of the Zeiss Otus 28mm f/1.4 APO Distagon T* lens. This is not your typical budged lens, the Zeiss Otus 28mm f/1.4 sells for $4,990.
Dustin lists the pros of the Otus 28mm f/1.4:
- Incredible amount of resolution wide open, and yet more when stopped down
- Incredibly sharp at all focus distances, from minimum to infinity.
- Absolute control of chromatic aberrations
- Incredible flare resistance
- Extremely accurate color rendition
- Excellent light falloff control
- Built to the most exacting standards
- Perfectly damped manual focus ring
You can go for the written review, or have a look at the videos below. Enjoy.