Dcwatch (translated) interviewed the managing director and chief executive of Canon’s Image Communication Products Operations, Mr. Masaya Maeda. Google translation from Japanese is pretty poor. However, these appear to be the main points of the interview:
- A new EOS M camera with built-in EVF could arrive in the second half of 2014 .
- The focus on EOS M systems is to keep size down [editor’s note: the new EOS M2 is 8% smaller than the EOS M]
- Hybrid still+video performance is a key aspect on Canon’s future mirrorless cameras development
- There will be new lenses for the EOS M system
- Canon is also considering the possibility to make a more semi pro if not pro mirrorless cameras
- Canon is committed to the EOS Cinema line
Support Canon Watch! I love to bring you all the latest news about everything that's related to Canon, and to photography. If you like what I am doing here, then consider buying your gear by clicking my affiliate links. You won't pay a penny more and I get a small commission that helps keep the site going. I only link well known and reputable sellers. Thank you for your support!