You are browsing the archive for 1DX Archives - CanonWatch.
|Top Rated Plus seller allnewshop (99.6% positive ratings) on eBay has the Canon EOS-1D X on sale for $4,599.99. Free shipping in US and limited quantity. More very good deals on Canon gear on eBay (click here).Please note: this may be a grey import item not eligible for Canon USA warranty. If you want to be sure contact the seller and ask if there is an US warranty.|
Firmware Version 2.0.7 incorporates the following functional improvements and fixes:
- Improves the AF controllability when shooting in Live View mode with a wide-angle lens (fixed focal length or zoom).
- Fixes a phenomenon in which, when shooting long exposures (several minutes), vertical lines appear on the right edge of captured images (still photos).
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the Auto Exposure Bracketing (AEB) may not perform as intended when in continuous shooting mode and where the shutter speed is longer than 1 second.
- Improves the reliability of the control mechanism for the Picture Style Auto setting.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the electronic level indicator does not work correctly.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which, when using the “Save and read camera settings” function, the color space data that is selected in “Custom shooting mode (C1-C3)” is not saved.*1
- Corrects some incorrect indications on the “English” and “Russian” menu screens.
*1 As a result of this fix, cameras with Firmware Version 2.0.7 will not be able to read the “camera settings file” created with cameras running Firmware Version 2.0.3 (or earlier). If you require the “camera settings file”, please create it after updating to firmware version 2.0.7.
Firmware Version 2.0.7 is for cameras with Firmware Version 2.0.3 or earlier. If your camera’s firmware is already Version 2.0.7, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
The firmware update takes approximately seven minutes.
Once the EOS-1D X camera is updated to Version 2.0.7, it cannot be restored to a previous firmware version (Versions 1.0.2 through 2.0.3).
Once the EOS-1D X camera is updated to firmware Version 2.0.7 from previous firmware version (Versions 1.0.2 through 1.2.4 and 2.0.3), it is recommended that the latest application software*1 be used. Certain previous versions of this application software do not support functions which are added by the new firmware.
You can download the latest application software from our Web site.
*1: EOS Utility version 2.14.10a or later (Supported OSes: Windows 8/ 7 / 7 SP1 / VistaSP2 / XP SP3, Mac OS X v10.9 / 10.8 / 10.7 / 10.6)
*1: Digital Photo Professional version 3.14.46 or later (Supported OSes: Windows 8 / 7 / 7 SP1 / Vista SP2 / XP SP3, Mac OS X v10.6 / 10.7/ 10.8/ 10.9)
The instruction manual has been revised to accommodate the improvements and fixes provided as of firmware Version 2.0.3 or later.
CanonUSA on YouTube posted two videos highlighting the features and advantages of the EOS-1D X, and especially wants you to upgrade to the EOS 5D Mark IIIWhy you should consider stepping up to Canon’s full-frame EOS 5D Mark III Digital SLR camera
A few days ago we reported that a new EOS 5D Mark III user got his camera with a not yet released firmware version, one that apparently blocks the installation of Magic Lantern.
It seems Canon is also going to release a new firmware for the venerable EOS-1D X. Actually version 2.0.3 is available for download, but a user of the Digital Photography Review forum wrote he got his new 1DX with firmware 2.0.7:
I just got my new 1DX in the mail, and I must say this camera is the real deal. I checked Canon’s website for firmware updates, and it said version 2.0.3 is available. When I powered up my camera, the version that is currently loaded is 2.07. So is the version on my camera a newer version than the 2.0.3? Seems confusing to me?
These new firmware release may be an attempt by Canon to block the use third party batteries.
I’ll keep you posted.