After having pulled the previous firmware update after a few days, Canon swiftly released another,…
Canon EOS-1D X Mark III Firmware Update Brings Lock-up Fix And 23.98p Video
As promised Canon released a Canon EOS-1D X Mark III firmware update.
Among other, minor things, firmware 1.1.0 fixes the “lock up issue”, i.e. the EOS-1D X Mark III locks up when the electronic level is set to ‘Show’ in the viewfinder and the shutter or AF-ON button is pressed. A bit weird but it happens. The short video below shows the lock-up issue.
Firmware Version 1.1.0 incorporates the following enhancement and fixes:
- The option to capture full HD movies and 4K UHD movies in 23.98p frame rate has been added.
- The communication speed has been improved when connected via wired LAN.
- The “Browser Remote” function has been added.
- The function to transfer only protected images has been added.
- Corrects the phenomenon in which, when the electronic level is set to “Show” in the viewfinder display, in rare cases, the camera may freeze when operating the AF-ON button or shutter button.
- Corrects the phenomenon in which the Custom Shooting Mode settings may change when the shooting mode is switched.
Firmware Version 1.1.0 is for cameras with firmware up to Version 1.0.0. If the camera’s firmware is already Version 1.1.0, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
You can download firmware 1.1.0 here.
More Canon EOS-1D X Mark III reviews and information are listed here.