A new rumor about the upcoming Canon EOS C500 Mark II Cinema camera claims to list its specifications.
It seems 8K video will not be on board:
- Full-frame sensor
- RAW internal recording (both 4K and 2K). 4K is up to 60p, 2K up to 120p.
- Optional XF-AVC recording in 4:2:2 10 bit (4K up to 60p, 2k up to 120p)
- User interchangeable lens mount
- Optional modules with EVF, genlock, timecode, 12G-SDI, etc
- EF and PL mount available at launch
- Power supply with BP-A series batteries, an optional module for V-Mount batteries
- Optional module for 4x XLR inputs
- Backwards compatibility with EVF-V70, LV-M1 and some other peripherals from previous Cinema EOS cameras
- New media usage: CFExpress cards for faster readings and writing speed
- WiFi and IP Streaming capabilities
So, which 8K camera has been used at the Apple event earlier this year? Not the EOS C500 Mark II, since it seems there is no 8K on board.
Source: Canon Rumors