Blackmagic has dropped the price of its Cinema Cameras with Canon EF mount by a third (also for MFT mount type), the price is now more or less the same as the Canon EOS 6D, that’s $1,995 (Adorama | B&H). More after the break.
- 2.5K Image Sensor
- 12-bit RAW, ProRes and DNxHD Formats
- 13 Stops of Dynamic Range
- 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30p Frame Rates
- EF and ZE Lens Mount
- LCD Touchscreen with Metadata Entry
- SDI Video Output and Thunderbolt Port
- Mic/Line Audio Inputs
- Records to Removable SSD Drives
- Includes DaVinci Resolve and UltraScope
Grant Petty, Blackmagic’s CEO, outlined the company’s camera roadmap:
- The Blackmagic Cinema Camera has a new aggressive price point. A drop of $1000 to the price of a Canon 6D – $1995.
- Next firmware V1.5 will add new features
- The first sensors for the 4K Production Camera only arrived this week