After having pulled the previous firmware update after a few days, Canon swiftly released another,…
Canon Delays Release And Shipping Of Speedlite EL-5 (to Summer 2023)
It seems that we have to wait a bit longer for the new Canon Speedlite EL-5. At least until Summer 2023.
At a glance:
- 2.4 GHz Wireless Radio Transmission
- Guide Number: 197′ at ISO 100 and 200mm
- Runs on LP-EL Lithium-Ion Battery
- Modeling Lamp; Multi-Function Shoe
- Zoom Range: 24-200mm (14mm with Panel)
- Recycle Time: 0.1-1.2 Seconds
- Extended Control from 1/1 to 1/1024
- Joystick, Dial, and High-Definition LCD
- Remote Control with Camera Connect App
- Dust and Moisture-Resistant Construction
It already was delayed, and foreseen to ship in March 2023. Now it’s Summer 2023. Canon Japan statement:
Notice of postponement of release of Speedlite EL-5
Regarding the Speedlite EL-5, which was announced on November 2, 2022 and was scheduled to be released in March 2023, due to production reasons, we are unable to prepare a sufficient supply for the launch. , We have decided to postpone the release to around the summer of 2023.
We would like to inform you and sincerely apologize.
Scheduled release date
(Before change) Scheduled to be released in March 2023
(After change) Scheduled to be released around summer 2023
We will announce the information about the release schedule in early June.
We apologize for the inconvenience caused to customers who are waiting, but we will do our best to prepare for the release, so we ask for your continued patronage.
We will keep you posted. Description after the break.
Powerful and packed with modern features, the Canon Speedlite EL-5 is tuned for advanced photographers. This model pulls some of the best features—such as a rechargeable Li-ion battery pack and modeling lamp—from the flagship and brings them into a smaller, more accessible package.
Note: The Speedlite EL-5 uses the newer multi-function shoe. This is only compatible with select Canon EOS R Series camera bodies and will not work with older cameras that use a different hot shoe design.
Realize high-powered flash with speed and long shooting times with a combination of features of the EL-5.
- Maximum guide number of 197′ at ISO 100 and 200mm (76Ws)
- Runs on rechargeable LP-EL Li-ion battery pack
- Up to 350 full-power flashes on a single charge
- Able to continuously trigger up to 95 flashes in a row
- Manual power from 1/1 to 1/1024
Advanced users can make the most of the EL-5 thanks to a revised control scheme and even more built-in wireless options.
- 2.4GHZ wireless radio transmission as sender or receiver for wireless triggering and control of up to 15 flash units from up to 98′ away
- Multi-function shoe enables direct control of settings from compatible cameras
- Control settings with your smartphone using the Canon Camera Connect app
The Speedlite EL-5 features the Multi-Function Shoe and requires a compatible camera. This includes:
- EOS R6 Mark II
- EOS R7
- EOS R10
- EOS R3