A few weeks ago we were tipped about the EOS 7D Mark III. We have now a new rumor we got from a new source.
The rumor suggests that the EOS 7D Mark III will
- feature a newly developed 28MP sensor
- be in general more video-oriented
- have 4K video
- have a tiltable touch-screen
- be more upscale than the EOS 7D Mark II
- have a richer feature set compared to the 7D Mark II
- introduce a new Canon APS-C image sensor generation
- have the same introductory price as the EOS 7D Mark II
Still nothing neither particularly exciting nor really surprising (it’s still too early). The most interesting point is the one stating the EOS 7D Mark III will “introduce a new Canon APS-C sensor generation”, and that it will have 28MP (previously we were tipped with 30MP).
If this rumor is reliable, then we may think that all upcoming Canon APS-C cameras will have new sensor technology with 28MP resolution. Sound plausible at least. The EOS 7D Mark II has a 20MP sensor.
The EOS 7D Mark III might be announced in Summer 2018, though we do not have any reliable information so far.
Please take this with a grain of salt, sound off in the comment section, and stay tuned.