Canon EOS M50 at a glance:
- 24.1MP APS-C CMOS Sensor
- DIGIC 8 Image Processor
- 2.36m-Dot OLED Electronic Viewfinder
- 3.0″ Vari-Angle Touchscreen LCD
- UHD 4K and HD 720p120 Video Recording
- Built-In Wi-Fi with NFC, Bluetooth
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- ISO 100-25600, Extended ISO 51200
- Combination 5-Axis Image Stabilization
TheCameraStoreTV‘s Chris Niccolls reviews the new Canon EOS M50 (), the company’s latest effort to get a grip in the mirrorless market, and Canon’s first consumer camera with 4K video recording. These guys are serious reviewers, so watch and listen to learn what counts and what not in this relatively inexpensive yet feature packed little camera.
It seems the EOS M50 appeals a lot to the vlogging crowd, despite the fact Canon decided to deliver 4K video without the benefits of Dual Pixel Auto Focus (they clearly said it’s because of the EOS M50’s market segment). Then again, the EOS M50 has eye tracking AF, which is a pretty cool feature (well explained in the video). Spoiler: color and image quality out of the camera are excellent, and there are many more surprising features (like compressed raw files). And there are shortcomings. Watch Chris Niccolls while he critically analyses the EOS M50.
The Canon EOS M50 can be pre-ordered and is expected to ship on Monday, March 26, 2018, starting at $779.
- Canon EOS M50 Body – on sale at $779: B&H Photo | Adorama | Amazon
- Canon EOS M50 (Black) with EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM – on sale at $899: B&H Photo | Adorama | Amazon
- Canon EOS M50 (White) with EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM – on sale at $899: B&H Photo | Adorama | Amazon
- Canon EOS M50 (Black) with Zoom Lens Kit – on sale at $1,249: B&H Photo | Adorama | Amazon
- Canon EOS M50 Video Creators Kit – on sale at $999: B&H Photo | Adorama | Amazon