I do not know this guy but with this decision he seems very clever to…
The European Imaging and Sound Association (EISA) every year awards the most remarkable products. This year in the Photography category the awards go to:
- EUROPEAN PROFESSIONAL DSLR LENS 2015-2016: Canon EF 11-24mm F/4L USM
- EUROPEAN PROFESSIONAL DSLR CAMERA 2015-2016: Canon EOS 5DS/5DS R
- EUROPEAN PROSUMER DSLR CAMERA 2015-2016: Canon EOS 7D Mark II
- EUROPEAN PHOTO INNOVATION 2015-2016: DxO ONE
- EUROPEAN COMPACT SYSTEM ZOOM LENS 2015-2016: Fujifilm Fujinon XF 16-55mm F2.8 R LM WR
- EUROPEAN CONSUMER COMPACT SYSTEM CAMERA 2015-2016: Fujifilm X-T10
- EUROPEAN PREMIUM COMPACT CAMERA 2015-2016: Leica Q
- EUROPEAN SMARTPHONE CAMERA 2015-2016: LG G4
- EUROPEAN CONSUMER DSLR CAMERA 2015-2016: Nikon D5500
- EUROPEAN PROFESSIONAL COMPACT SYSTEM LENS 2015-2016: Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40‑150mm F2.8 PRO
- EUROPEAN PROSUMER COMPACT SYSTEM CAMERA: Olympus OM-D E-M5 II
- EUROPEAN PHOTO & VIDEO CAMERA 2015-2016: Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7/G70
- EUROPEAN DSLR TELEPHOTO ZOOM LENS 2015-2016: SIGMA 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM | Sports
- EUROPEAN DSLR LENS 2015-2016: SIGMA 24mm F1.4 DG HSM | Art
- EUROPEAN TRAVEL COMPACT CAMERA 2015-2016: Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX90/V
- EUROPEAN COMPACT SYSTEM LENS 2015-2016: Sony FE 90mm F2.8 Macro G OSS
- EUROPEAN PROFESSIONAL COMPACT SYSTEM CAMERA 2015-2016: Sony α7 II
- EUROPEAN DSLR ZOOM LENS 2015-2016: Tamron SP 15-30mm F2.8 Di VC USD
Canon press release:
Canon is recognised with three esteemed EISA Awards for EOS and EF-lens products
United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland, 15 August 2015 – Canon today announces it has received three prestigious awards from the European Imaging and Sound Association (EISA). The EOS 7D Mark II has been named the ‘European Prosumer DSLR Camera 2015-2016’, both the EOS 5Ds and EOS 5Ds R have been honoured with the title of ‘European Professional DSLR Camera 2015-2016’, while the Canon EF 11-24mm f/4L USM has been awarded ‘European Professional DSLR Lens 2015-2016’ – highlighting the outstanding quality of Canon products throughout its DSLR and lens range.
Voted for by panels of editors representing nearly 50 prominent magazines from across 20 European countries, the EISA Awards honour products which combine the most advanced technology, intuitive design and sought-after features, while also providing genuine value to end users. Each of the awarded products has been received with great acclaim since launch, and the EISA award recognition is further testament to their exceptional quality and performance.
“Canon has a warranted reputation for producing high-quality products that our customers really value,” said Steve Marshall, Product Marketing Director, Consumer Imaging Group, Canon Europe. “For us, photography is all about expression and discovery and as a company we consistently strive to produce pioneering, class leading products and technologies that enable people to tell their own stories through quality photography. Each of our awarded products is a fantastic example of our dedication and commitment to pushing boundaries and bringing new capabilities to both professionals and consumers, so we are truly honoured to receive such distinguished awards from the EISA panel.”
Discussing the three awards, the EISA panel said:
EUROPEAN PROSUMER DSLR CAMERA 2015-2016
Canon EOS 7D Mark II
The Canon EOS 7D Mark II is one of the best APS-C DSLRs ever made, offering features normally only available in professional full frame models. The 65-point AF system gives fast and responsive focusing in a wide range of conditions, even when tracking fast moving subjects. It can shoot at 10 frames per second, with a huge buffer even when shooting in Raw. The build quality is superb, with full weatherproofing that can cope with almost any conditions. Overall the 7D Mark II is perfect for sports, action and wildlife photographers who like to capture the most fleeting moments.
EUROPEAN PROFESSIONAL DSLR CAMERA 2015-2016
Canon EOS 5DS/5DS R
The Canon EOS 5DS and 5DS R are the highest resolution full frame DSLRs on the market. The two models give photographers a choice: the EOS 5DS includes an optical low-pass filter to suppress digital imaging artefacts, while the EOS 5DS R cancels its effect for the sharpest possible images. The 50.6-million-pixel sensor, dual DIGIC 6 processors, reduced mirror vibration and reliable metering deliver superb image quality, while the 61-point AF with 41 cross-type points ensures reliable and fast AF performance. These two cameras are the perfect choice for professional photographers for whom ultimate image quality really matters.
EUROPEAN PROFESSIONAL DSLR LENS 2015-2016
Canon EF 11-24mm f/4L USM
With the 11-24mm f/4L USM Canon’s engineers have constructed one of the best wide angle zooms ever made. The world’s widest rectilinear zoom provides class-leading image quality, with exceptional sharpness at all settings even on high resolution sensors. Distortion, chromatic aberration and vignetting are all kept reasonably low. Construction is superb, with weather sealing for outdoor use, and the autofocus is fast and silent. Full-frame users specialising in landscape, architectural or interior photography who demand exceptional optical performance need look no further. It’s bulky and expensive, but for those who can afford it, it’s an absolutely outstanding piece of glass.