I do not know this guy but with this decision he seems very clever to…
Canon Rebel SL3 at a glance:
- 24.1MP APS-C CMOS Sensor
- DIGIC 8 Image Processor
- 3.0″ 1.04m-Dot Vari-Angle Touchscreen
- UHD 4K Video and 4K Time-Lapse Movie
- 9-Point AF System; Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- ISO 100-25600
- Built-In Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
The Canon Rebel SL3/EOS 250D/Kiss X10/EOS 200D Mark II can be pre-ordered (starting $549) at our exclusive affiliate partners B&H Photo and Adorama. Interesting fact: you get pre-order discount between $50 and $100.
Canon Rebel SL3 world-wide:
Arguments in favor of the Canon EOS Rebel SL3:
- Better moiré control: Has an anti-alias filter to avoid artificial patterns to appear in images.
- Better video: Provides higher definition movie capture (4K/25p vs 1080/60p).
- Better video autofocus: Features on-sensor phase-detection for more confident movie autofocus.
- Better sound: Can connect to an external microphone for higher quality sound recording.
- More detailed LCD: Has a higher resolution rear screen (1040k vs 921k dots).
- More flexible LCD: Has swivel screen for odd-angle shots in portrait or landscape orientation.
- Fewer buttons to press: Is equipped with a touch-sensitive rear screen to facilitate handling.
- More selfie-friendly: Has an articulated screen that can be turned to be front-facing.
- Easier time-lapse photography: Has an intervalometer built-in for low frequency shooting.
- More modern: Is somewhat more recent (announced 7 months after the D3500).
Reasons to prefer the Nikon D3500:
- Maximized detail: Lacks an anti-alias filter to exploit the sensor’s full resolution potential.
- Larger viewfinder image: Features a viewfinder with a higher magnification (0.57x vs 0.54x).
- Less heavy: Has a lower weight (by 84g or 19 percent) and is thus easier to take along.
- Longer lasting: Gets more shots (1550 versus 1070) out of a single battery charge.
- More affordable: Was introduced into a lower priced category (28 percent cheaper at launch).
- More heavily discounted: Has been on the market for longer (launched in August 2018).
Canon Rebel SL3 world-wide pre-order links: