Another review that highlights the virtues of the Canon RF 28-70mm f/2l lens for the…
Here is a Canon RF 24-105mm f/4-7.1 IS STM review. The Canon RF 24-105mm f/4-7.1 STM is a budget lens for the EOS R system.
It’s good to see that Canon is releasing many budget oriented lenses for the EOS R system. And it’s also good to know that those lenses perform very good, despite not being boutique lenses.
The Canon RF 24-105 f/4-7.1 STM is the budget kit zoom the EOS R system has been waiting for. Sure, it may lack the glamour of the brighter aperture and more exotic models, but every system needs a low-cost general-purpose zoom to bundle with the entry-level bodies as a starting point.
Thankfully modern lens design coupled with in-camera corrections actually makes it a lot better than you’d think, especially for the size, weight and money. In my tests it delivered respectable sharpness across the frame, throughout the range and even with the aperture wide-open. By employing a variable aperture that dims to f7.1 at the long-end, Canon’s been able to keep size, weight and cost down, making it a very practical and attainable option, while the reasonably close focusing increases its flexibility further.Read the full review…
Sample pictures can be seen here. Gordon provided a video review too.
- RF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- STM Stepping AF Motor
- Center Macro Focus, 1:2 Magnification
- Optical Image Stabilizer
- Customizable Control Ring
- Rounded 7-Blade Diaphragm
Canon RF 24-105mm f/4-7.1 IS STM Overview
Sleek and versatile, the Canon RF 24-105mm f/4-7.1 IS STM is a well-rounded zoom covering wide-angle to short telephoto focal lengths to benefit working in a wide variety of conditions. A variable maximum aperture also helps to maintain an impressively compact profile to suit everyday shooting needs. Complementing the flexible design is a unique Center Macro Focus position, which enables working with close-up subjects at a 1:2 maximum magnification ratio, and an Optical Image Stabilizer also helps to achieve sharp imagery by minimizing the appearance of camera shake. Also, an STM motor affords impressively quiet and smooth autofocus performance and full-time manual focus override. Additionally, a configurable Control Ring lets you adjust exposure settings, including ISO, aperture, and exposure compensation, from the lens itself.
- Standard zoom covers wide-angle to short-telephoto focal lengths to suit working in a variety of situations.
- An Optical Image Stabilizer helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to five stops to better enable working in low-light conditions and with slower shutter speeds.
- STM stepping motor offers fast, quiet, smooth, and accurate autofocus performance that is ideal for video recording as well as still shooting.
- Specialized Center Macro Focus setting enables working with a 1:2 maximum magnification and a 5.2″ minimum focusing distance to suit photographing close-up subjects.
- Configurable Control Ring can be used to adjust a variety of exposure settings, including aperture, ISO, and exposure compensation.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.