Want to know what differences there are between the Canon EOS R6 Mark II and…
Canon RF 70-200mm f/4L IS Review (a really exciting lens)
Here is a new Canon RF 70-200mm f/4L IS review. This lens is a recent addition to the RF lens lineup and has a very compact size.
Canon RF 70-200mm f/4L IS at a glance:
- RF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/4 to f/32
- Four Ultra-Low Dispersion Elements
- Air Sphere and Fluorine Coatings
- Dual Nano USM AF System
- Optical Image Stabilizer
- Customizable Control Ring
- Weather-Sealed Construction
Well known reviewer and Youtuber Christopher Frost posted his Canon RF 70-200mm f/4L IS review, and you can watch it in the video below. He says:
A really exciting (and very expensive) new RF mount lens arrives for Canon EOS R mirrorless cameras. Can it offer great image quality as well as such a small size?
I don’t think the RF 70-200mm f/4L IS is very expensive. Sure it is not a budget lens but neither one of Canon’s boutique lenses.
More Canon RF 70-200mm f/4L IS reviews are listed here.
Canon RF 70-200mm f/4L IS:
America: B&H Photo, Adorama, Amazon USA, Amazon Canada, Canon Canada, Canon USA
Europe & UK: Amazon DE, Amazon UK, Amazon IT, Wex Photo Video, Canon DE, Canon UK
Canon RF 70-200mm f/4L IS description after the break.
Popular for its reach and flexibility, the Canon RF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM is a fresh take on this well-regarded focal length, featuring an impressively sleek and lightweight form factor perfect for their full-frame mirrorless cameras. The constant f/4 maximum aperture strikes a balance between being bright enough for available light shooting while also contributing to the especially portable, handholdable design. Complementing this is an apt Optical Image Stabilizer, which compensates for up to 5 stops of camera shake, or up to an impressive 7.5 stops of shake correction when paired with an EOS R-type body with IBIS.
Optically, this lens incorporates four UD elements, which suppress a variety of aberrations throughout the zoom range for high clarity, and an Air Sphere Coating is also featured to reduce flare and ghosting. Balancing the distinguished optical system is a Dual Nano USM focus system, which delivers fast, nearly silent autofocus performance with full-time manual focus override. Additionally, this 70-200mm is weather-sealed and has a fluorine coating to protect the front and rear elements.
- Versatile telephoto zoom lens is designed for use with full-frame Canon RF-mount mirrorless cameras.
- Constant f/4 maximum aperture affords consistent performance throughout the zoom range and also contributes to the relatively lightweight design and compact form factor.
- Four UD (Ultra-Low Dispersion) elements help to minimize chromatic aberrations and color fringing in order to provide greater clarity and color accuracy.
- An Air Sphere Coating (ASC) has been applied to lens elements to reduce backlit flaring and ghosting for maintained light transmission and high contrast in strong lighting conditions.
- An Optical Image Stabilizer helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by 5 stops to better enable working in low-light conditions and with slower shutter speeds. Also, when working with select cameras, up to 7.5 stops of stabilization may be available with the Coordinated Optical Image Stabilizer and In-Body Image Stabilizer.
- Dual Nano USM system utilizes both a ring type USM and an STM mechanism to realize quick and accurate focusing that is also smooth and nearly silent to suit both photography and video applications. This focusing system also affords full-time manual focus control when working in the one-shot AF mode.
- Configurable Control Ring can be used to adjust a variety of exposure settings, including aperture, ISO, and exposure compensation.
- Protective fluorine coating has been applied to the front and rear element to resist fingerprints and smudges and to make cleaning these elements significantly easier.
- As a member of the esteemed L-series, this lens has a weather-resistant design that protects against dust and moisture to enable its use in inclement conditions.