A first set of specifications for the upcoming Canon EOS R8 leaked over the Internet.…
I have been told (thanks) that Canon will announce a new APS-C DSLR that will be positioned between the upcoming EOS 750D/Rebel T6i and the existing EOS 70D. The source told me that this will be a 2-digit DSLR, i.e. a DSLR in the xxD line-up. Could this be the mysterious DSLR that we saw in some Canon promo video and pics?
Moreover, I got also word that the EOS 750D should be announced soon, possibly at CP+ next month. I got no candidate announcement date for the new APS-C DSLR that will be positioned between the 750D and the 70D.
Canon’s new (and then latest) APS-C line-up would hence consist of the following cameras:
- EOS 700D
- EOS 750D
- EOS ??D
- EOS 70D
- EOS 7D II
I am a bit puzzled because of the naming scheme. If this new APS-C DSLR will be, feature-wise, between the EOS 750D/T6i and the EOS 70D I can hardly figure out the moniker it will have. If it is going to be named 80D it would suggest it is the replacement for the 70D, which is not only far too early (the replacement) but also suggests a camera with new features compared to the 70D. So maybe it will be a specced down version of the 70D. But would that make sense?
What do you think?
About our rumour ratings:
- CW1 – probably fake rumor, not reliable
- CW2 – rumor from an unknown/new source, but otherwise at least a plausible rumor
- CW3 – a 50% chance to be real, coming from a known source, or from new source with good insight in Canon’s business
- CW4 – rumor from a known source that was right in the past
- CW5 – as good as certain to be true