Canon patent application in Japan (2018-106021) for a 16-60mm f/2-5 lens for APS-C mirrorless cameras. The f-range is a bit weird and unusual for the industry.
- Focal length: 15.42 – 58.00 mm (zoom ratio: 3.76)
- F No.: 2.06 – 5.00
- Half angle of view: 38.07 – 13.04
- Back focus: 8.81 – 2.81 mm
- Lens length: 82.23 – 103.33 mm
Could this be a future kit lens? A bit slow on the tele end, though.
More Canon patent applications are listed here. Some particularly interesting patent applications we think might get into production in the next few years are these:
- Patent application describing how to improve burst rate by compressing raw files
- Patent application describing a new way to review photos from a sequential shot
- Patent application that describes technology to improve wireless communication while reducing power consumption
- Patent application to spot and reduce moire artefacts in image data
- Patent application for weather sealed lens adapter
- Patent application for AI powered predictive camera control system
- Patent application for 18-55mm kit lens with LCD display
- Patent application to reduce noise in image files