Canon product advisory:
Thank you for using Canon products.
Canon has released a firmware update for the EOS C500/C500 PL Cinema EOS Cameras.
EOS C500 Cinema EOS Camera & EOS C500PL Cinema EOS Camera
1. When using the Magnify focus assist function, the ability to move the magnified viewing area around the LCD has been added.
2. Maximum ISO setting has been increased to ISO 80,000.
3. Cinema Gamut mode and DCI-P3+ mode have been added to provide expanded color gamut options in RAW capture.
4. 4096×1080-pixel RAW format resolution has been added.
5. A Key Lock menu setting has been added which now makes it possible to lock all operations, including the START/STOP button.
6. Using the optional Canon WFT-E6 Wireless File Transmitter, the camera’s remote-control application allows up to two users to access the same unit via a Wi-Fi® link providing simultaneous and independent control of camera operation and metadata input.
7. Canon Log LUT support has been made possible for HD/SD SDI terminal output.
8. ACESproxy output from monitor terminal has been added.
9. [ND]/[ND-] have been added as functions that can be allocated to any assignable button.
EOS C500 Digital Cinema Camera only
10. Ability to assign the two control dials (body and grip) to operate either Iris or ISO sensitivity independently has been added.
11. Peripheral Illumination Correction Data has been added for seven (7) Canon Cinema lenses (EF mount) and eleven (11) Canon EF Lenses.
[+] View the list of Cinema lenses (EF-mount) and Canon EF Lenses which benefit from the new firmware update.
Firmware Version 188.8.131.52.00 is for Cinema EOS C500 and EOS C500 PL cameras with Firmware Version 184.108.40.206.00 through 220.127.116.11. If your camera’s firmware is already Version 18.104.22.168.00, it is not necessary to update the firmware. Once the camera is updated to the latest firmware version, it cannot be restored to a previous version.
Download the new version of the Instruction Manual for the EOS C500.
Download the new version of the Instruction Manual for the EOS C500 PL.
The Instruction Manual provides more information on the new features and benefits available in this firmware update.
This information is for residents of the United States and Puerto Rico only. If you do not reside in the USA or Puerto Rico, please contact the Canon Customer Support Center in your region.
Customer Support Operations
Canon U.S.A., Inc.
|Contact Information for Inquiries|
|Canon Customer Support Center|
|Phone:||1-855-CINE-EOS (toll free)|
|For additional support options: pro.usa.canon.com/support|