It seems the Canon PowerShot PICK, Canon's first AI-augmented photo camera for consumers will be…
B&H has the new Sigma 30mm f/1.4 DC HSM (part of Sigma’s “Art” line-up) available for pre-order for $499 (click here). The lens is expected to ship starting from March 31st.
- Standard Focal Length Prime Lens
- Aperture Range: f/1.4 – 16
- Minimum Focus Distance: 11.8″ (30 cm)
- Hyper Sonic Motor for Smooth Autofocus
- Brass Bayonet Mount
- For APS-C Format Cameras
- Fits Canon EF-S Mount Cameras
From the product description:
The 30mm f/1.4 DC HSM Lens for Canon DSLR Cameras from Sigma is a prime lens designed for Canon APS-C format cameras. Its 35mm focal length equivalent is 45mm which places it in the category of standard focal length lenses. With its particularly fast maximum aperture of f/1.4, the lens will perform very well in low light situations and provides shallow depth of field focus. With updated optical configurations (9 elements in 8 groups), as well as rounded aperture blades, the lens delivers sharp detail and nice background bokeh. Its minimum focus distance is 11.8″ (30 cm).
The lens’ optimized light distribution helps to minimize field curvature preventing a loss of image quality at the edges of photographs and its double-sided aspheric lens element minimizes spherical distortion. A rear focusing system combined with a newly developed autofocus algorithm and Hyper Sonic Motor provide smooth and accurate autofocus. Fulltime manual focus is also supported. As part of Sigma’s “Art” line of lenses it is compatible with Sigma’s new USB Dock, which enables firmware updates and focusing adjustments.
- Fast maximum aperture of f/1.4 allows fast shutter speeds for clear low-light imaging and shallow depth of field focus.
- A Hyper Sonic Autofocus Motor (HSM) offers fast, smooth and quiet autofocus.
- Compatible with the Sigma USB Dock which enables firmware updates and focusing adjustments.