A well known rumors mill came up with an interesting rumor. AI coming to be…
Edit: We just learned that cameras have started to morph. We were utterly wrong in our original post: the EOS C5 is not the EOS C50 that was rumored previously Instead, the C50 morphed to become the C5. Apparently because of the global pandemic. It’s not yet clear if other cameras will also start to shape-shift. We keep you posted.
After our (weak) rumor about a possible Canon EOS C5 Cinema camera, new murmurings have surfaced from the interweb of rumor mills.
It’s suggested the Canon EOS C5 is the previously rumored Canon EOS C50. We do not agree. While both rumors are better taken with a grain of salt, we do not see any resemblance between the two rumors.
|Canon EOS C50
|Canon EOS C5
– Super 35mm 4K sensor (same as the Cinema EOS C200)
– No IBIS
– RF Mount
– Internal ND (10 Stops)
– CLog 2 & CLog 3
– 4:2:0 8bit internally onto SD cards up to 4K60 & 1080/120
– 4:2:2: 10bit external in HD
– No RAW
– Dual LP-E6NH battery slot
|– The camera is a combination of the EOS R5 C and EOS C300 III, similar in appearance to the EOS R5 C, but more square, with the electric ND filter of the EOS C300 III, the professional interface of the EOS C70, and an extended battery compartment.
– Its XF-AVC recording format is the same as the EOS C70, but it uses a modified version of the EOS R5 C’s CMOS sensor with a total of 22.5 megapixels.
– With a sampling resolution of 8192×2160, it is capable of perfect oversampling to 4K 120fps, making it Canon’s current 4K 120fps product with the best image quality.
– When the frame rate is reduced to 72fps or less, DGO mode is turned on to provide higher dynamic range.
– Unlike the current EOS C70, it does not offer RAW recording for now.
– Full pixel QPAF, and RAW internal recording in subsequent firmware.
– In terms of photography, it no longer offers a mechanical shutter and is replaced by in-body stabilization.
I can’t see anything that might suggest these cameras are one and the same model. Any thoughts?
Source: Canon Rumors