At a glance:
- EF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.4 to 16
- Two Low Dispersion Elements
- One Aspherical Element
- Super Multi-Layer Coating
- Hyper Sonic AF Motor, Manual Override
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
- TSC Material, Brass Bayonet Mount
- Compatible with Sigma USB Dock
LensRentals reviewed the new Sigma 85mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art lens, a lens many people was waiting for.
About build quality:
One of the biggest changes Sigma has had in the last few years comes in the build quality of their lenses. Before the Art series and rebranding, Sigma was plagued with stories of back focusing, and inconsistent build quality. However, in the last few years, Sigma has risen to be one of the most respected and beloved third-party lens options. And that stellar attention to detail and build holds true with the Sigma 85mm f/1.4 Art.
[…] is the Sigma 85mm f/1.4 Art Series great? Yes…without question. If you’re looking for an 85mm lens, the Sigma should be an obvious choice. While it doesn’t give us that extra 1/3rd of a stop that you get with the Canon at f/1.2, it does out focus, and outperform it on every other level.
The review comes with many sample pic, and more information about the lens.[via LensRentals]