It seems that Chinese manufacturer Meike is going to release the first RF mount lens with Canon-licensed AF implementation, the Meike AF 85mm F1.4.
The is said to get released to the public in August 2023, after the 30th Beijing International Radio, Film and Television Exhibition (BIRTV) on August 23-26, 2023. These are the specifications:
- Multi-standard, Nikon Z, Sony E
- 13 elements in 8 groups
- 77mm filter diameter
- 12 aperture blades
- Shortest shooting distance: 0.98m
- AF/MF selector switch
- Fn button
- Weight: 800g
- E/Z/RF/L mount
- L-mount AF lens from China
- in the hands of some photographers
- Scheduled to be released in August
In a recent interview, Canon execs indeed said they will open the RF mount to third party manufacturers.