Only for today (6/6/23) B&H Photo has a $76 discount on Lexar 256GB Professional 1667x…
Today Only: Lensbaby Velvet 85mm f/1.8 – $369.95 (reg. $599.95, EF & RF mounts)
Only for today (11/30/2022) B&H Photo has a $230 discount on the Lensbaby Velvet 85mm f/1.8 lens for both EF and RF mounts.
At a glance:
- RF/EF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.8 to f/16
- Soft Glowing Effect at Wide Apertures
- Inspired by Classic Portrait Lenses
- 1:2 Magnification, 9.5″ Working Distance
- Manual Focus Design
- 12-Blade Diaphragm
Get the Lensbaby Velvet 85mm f/1.8 on sale at $369.95 (compare at $599.95):
There are still some BLACK FRIDAY deals that are live:
- Skylum offers up to 84% discount on Luminar NEO and bundles.
- DxO offers up to 50% discount on their products, the excellent PhotoLab 6 included.
- Excire offers 30% discount on their Excire Foto managment software (use code Excirefire30 on checkout).
- Topaz Labs has Black Friday discounts on all their products, especially good for their “everything” package.
More selected deal pages:
- USA: Canon USA | B&H Photo | Adorama | Amazon US
- Germany: Amazon Germany | Calumet Photo | Canon Germany
- UK: Amazon UK | Canon UK
- Refurbished lenses and DSLRs at Canon Store (best deals might be found here)
A unique short telephoto with distinct classic appeal, the silver Canon RF-mount Velvet 85mm f/1.8 from Lensbaby produces a mid-20th century-inspired image quality that is well-suited to portraiture. Characterized by a smooth, glowing aesthetic, this lens’s softness can be controlled by stopping down in order to produce a range of effects from soft and dreamy to sharper and crunchier at smaller apertures. A 12-blade diaphragm also contributes to the lens’s aesthetic, and helps to produce a smooth bokeh quality to suit shallow depth of field imagery. Additionally, the manual focus design affords a working distance of 9.5″ with a maximum reproduction ratio of 1:2 to benefit working with close-up subjects.
Short telephoto portrait-length lens is designed for full-frame Canon RF-mount mirrorless cameras.
Bright f/1.8 maximum aperture affords greater control over depth of field for working with shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques, and also benefits working in low-light conditions.
Inspired by classic portrait lenses from the mid-20th century, this lens is designed to produce an ethereal glowing quality with soft, smooth tonality that is well-suited to portraiture.
Softness can be controlled by stopping-down the lens: when stopped-down to f/16, the image exhibits a smooth quality with greater central sharpness.
A working distance of 9.5″ along with a 1:2 reproduction ratio suits working with close-up subjects.
Manual focus design with a smooth, dampened focusing movement is complemented by engraved focus distance indicators.
A 12-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth bokeh quality that is ideal for selective focus imagery.